Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Only Sadie...

Sadie is very expressive these days with her vocabulary and her gestures. I can't capture all of her little faces, bows, or just plain silly gestures but I can at least highlight some of her phrases. For good or for bad these are said quite often around our house...

"I Can't"
This caught on this past week and I'm really tired of hearing it. Anything you ask her to do, no matter how simple, this phrase is her first response.

"You're not tired"
pronounced ti-red. Yet another phrase one does not like to hear at 5:30 am while a little finger is trying to pry your eye lids open.

"I don't love it anymore"
this is often used when she is done eating, although I have heard it uttered on other occasions as well.

"You did it Mom"
uttered usually after I've used the restroom and she hears the toilet flush. Can you tell we are potty training?

"Come on boys"
this is used with the children I watch during the day or with the dogs. Usually she is trying to get them to do something she wants, which usually ends up in a time out.

"I got the hic-a-dumps"
translation she has the hiccups

"(Giggle) I just tooter-rooted"
do you need the translation?

"It kinda tickles me"
ok this is funny because she says it all the time for all kinds of things. Needless to say she is a bit ticklish.

"Nice to meet you"
usually said at Church, but she'll go up to just about anyone and introduce herself now.

"I need to go to Wal-mart"
she says this when she is done being in the house and wants to get out for a while. Sometimes it's Sam's Club and not Wal-mart

"I'm hungry, I need apple juice"
if she could she'd drink all her meals.

"Oh No"
usually accompanied by a gasp and both hands thrown to cover her mouth in a dramatic gesture.

"I'm Sorry Mom"
for obvious reasons one of the more common phrases in our house

"You're beautiful Mom. I'm beautiful too"
pronounced b-u-ta-ful; most common on Sunday's (usually the only day I actually look decent) and just after doing her hair.

"I just need to stay up for a little while"
mostly used at night time.

"I just need to talk to you"
usually after she's in trouble and she is trying to get out of time out.

Ok this one isn't a phrase but it's a story: On Sunday, I was setting up for singing time at Church and Sadie went over to the podium and said "Mom I need my music" so I grabbed a Children's songbook and gave it to her. She tried to turn the page but the microphone was in the way. So I helped her and lifted it out of the way. She said, "thank you very much Mom" and turned the page. She grabbed the microphone and preceded to sing "Popcorn Popping" to all the kids who had entered at that point. After the song she of course took a bow and then said "good bye my friends" and we headed off to nursery.

Needless to say our house is full of one-liners, dramatic pauses and a bow or two. Yep it's never a dull moment here in Tam's World.