Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Day of Art, Food & Good Company

From time to time I imagine myself escaping from the world that I current know. Not to say that I don't love that world, it's just every now and again I like to escape the ever present "Mommy" or "Honey". I need time for myself to remember who I am. This way I am a better wife and mother. I think sometimes I get so wrapped up in the daily grind that little pieces of me start to chip away. Therefore I have made it a priority for a "Mommy Only Day".
I have been looking forward to this "Day" for quite some time. My good friend Tiffany and I had been talking about museums and different cultural places so we decided to head down to The Getty Museum.
It was a lovely day, although it got a bit hot.
We got to tour the gardens and then we headed inside when the heat got to be too much and lost ourselves in the wonderful exhibits.

After we were through we loaded onto the tram and headed to Valencia where we stopped at Claim Jumpers for a wonderful lunch. Tiffany had never been there before so we kinda splurged to taste a few different things. We've decided when either of us win the lottery we will choose our favorite restaurants and order one of everything just so we can try it.
It was a wonderful day. Exactly what I needed. There are too many pictures to include them all on here...so please venture to my photography blog to get a look at all the wonderful things we saw.

0 comments: