Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Our Sadie

Last night was a "Sadie" night. She got to pick what we watched and what we did that evening. Of course "colors" were involved but mostly it was all about DANCING!

Our baby girl is growing up and it's hitting smack dab in the middle of the face. My sister-in-law did a book for Grandma Eastlick of Sadie and in it she used things that I had written about Sadie last year. It was then that I realized I needed to update that list.

"20 Things About Sadie"

1. She LOVES to dance. And I don't mean just twirling around. She can bust out those hip hop dance moves like nobody's business. She and I have lots of fun dancing with eachother.

2. She is a morning person. (Takes after her Father in this area)

3. She loves to Color with her "colors"

4. Minnie Mouse is her best friend, but Darby is a close second.

5. She has a smile to melt your heart!

6. She is learning how to use the Potty. She went twice last night. We are very proud

7. She has more energy in her little pinkie than the energizer bunny.

8. She is a talker. She could talk your ear off. And for the most part you can understand her and actually carry on a conversation. She actually knows what the words mean. "COME ON" her favorite phrase.

9. She is the friendliest people I've ever met. Although she is starting to get a little cautious of strangers, which Mommy is very happy about.

10.She loves the WIGGLES. She knows all their songs and dance moves. You should hear her in the car everyday it's really cute!

11. She has two best friends, Atley (our friends daughter) and Dee Dee our puppy.

12. Sadie has some of the funniest faces (She gets that from me)

13. Sadie is very independent. She loves to do things herself & sometimes has a hard time listening.

14. Sadie is a snuggler. She loves to crawl up in your lap with a blanket and watch a show or read a story.

15. Sadie has the greatest laugh. She is such a happy little person and when she laughs uncontrollably it is the cutest thing.

16. She is a big helper. She loves to "help" in the kitchen, whether it be cooking, cleaning or putting things away.

17. She loves to clean. It's the funniest thing. She'll get the broom out and sweep the living room floor (carpet) or get a wipe and just wiped stuff down.

18. Sadie's hair is getting longer and darker. We had to cut it last month because she had a funky mullet hair do going on, and she's too pretty for that. She loves to do her hair like Mommy now.

19. Sadie loves to "smells" things. Whether it be food, perfume or candles.

20. Sadie loves to "sneak" surprises out of Steve's pocket. Most of Steve's shirts have a pocket and he will put treats in there for her to "sneak". She will crawl up into his lap and pull the pocket and act surprised and get a treat. It's one of my most favorite things to watch. I know that it's a special moment that both Steve and Sadie will always have.

Don't you love the faces? Notice our smiles are similiar and then our smirks are similar. I absolutely love it. Makes me feel like there is a little piece of me in there.
I am a dancer video - she wouldn't dance once she saw the camera, she kept saying 'Cheese'

Numbers Rumba video - she is a crazy girl. notice her look back to make sure I am video taping her. Quite a change from the first video.

Our baby girl is growing up so quickly. At times it feels like it's been years and then there are times that it feels like only seconds. She has her own look and personality. She is so smart and wants to learn. She loves everyone and is such a trusting little soul. She is our little princess, no matter if she is playing with her bracelets or playing in the mud. She will always melt my heart when she tells me she loves me. I just want to freeze time and keep this time for myself. I am cherishing every moment with her and trying to memorize everything. Thanks to my blog I at least have something to look back on and go "Oh I remember that"

0 comments: