Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We Have Big News...

After 10 years in our house on Stonegate we are moving!!
We are still going to be in Bakersfield, but we will be in an entirely different part of town. We are moving to the Southwest, Harris & Old River. We are super excited! This house is almost double the size of our current residence and it's only 5 minutes from Steve's office. (No more huge gas bills for his big o' truck) And we are only a couple blocks from our good friends the Olson's.

I won't get into the boring details about why we are making this move, just know we feel this is the best situation for our little family. Not to mention we are hoping to have more children in the near future (Not an annoucement, no I'm not pregnant).

Remember in my previous post that I was doing some crafty stuff with my friend Virginia? Well when we went to Walmart for supplies we drove by this house. (yes this is our friend mentioned above) I called and they were closed. So I really didn't think that much of it until Monday when I called to see if it was still available. I had no expectations and when they told me it was still available I about fainted. So Steve and I hurried down to take a look to see if it would fit our needs and I fell in love. (Honestly who falls in love with a house?) So we turned in our application that afternoon. Seriously thought there were a couple of applications, cuz the realtor said there were a few other people calling and looking at it. When I got there to turn in the application we were the first. And when she told me the owner would accept both our dogs I couldn't have been more happier. Things were falling into place. So I waited (unpatiently) for Tuesday afternoon and she called and said you have it. So yesterday we went down and paid our deposits and rent and got the keys.

I really have to pause here for a minute to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father. This has been a difficult period in our lives and it just goes to show that He knows us individually and He takes our burdens if we just turn it over to Him. Everything just fell into place perfectly. Only He could have arranged everything this way.

So we have started moving. We (I mean Steve, as I am not allowed to lift anything over 10 lbs. I fell last week and I'm still recovering. Besides Steve said he wasn't going to let me lift anything anyway. Awesome Husband huh?! I really love that man!) unloaded a truck and car full yesterday and Steve unloaded a truck full this morning. We are doing the big move this weekend and Steve has taken the following week off to finish moving stuff here and there and to unpack/arrange the house.

Before I sign off with pictures I just also have to say that I will miss my Ward Family in 1st Ward. They have been a constant support over the past 10 years during my ups and downs and I don't know where I would be today had it not been for their love, prayers and shoulders to cry on. We will miss you all. Ok, Ok it's not like I'll never see you again. We will come and visit. Sadie has made some great friends and will miss playing with Lucy every Sunday so we will definitely be visiting!

I know it's an overly long post today but here this is it really, I'm done, I have no more to say, except here are some pictures of the house. If you want specific contact info please email me and I'll get you our new #'s.
The house has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths & an office. The office has double glass doors so my piano will fit. (Anyone know of a good piano restorer? I need to find one! Sadie wants to start playing, so I need to start teaching her!)

Entry/Hall
(you can see one of the bedrooms here)
Living Room/Dining Room
(seriously huge!)
Kitchen

Back yard

4 comments:

Rach n Adam said...

Congrats! That is always exciting to have more space and being closer to work is also a big plus! I'm excited for ya! I hope that we can still see ya when we make a trip to Bakersfield...1st Ward won't be the same without you! Good luck with the move! :)

Jill said...

We will miss you dearly!

The Bradford Bunch said...

Good luck with your move. We'll be moving the same weekend. Nice house by the way. I'm sure you guys will love it.

Rmanduh said...

the house looks awesome! i bet sadie will love playing in that pretty green backyard with the doggies. congrats on getting the house and i cant wait to come see it!