Friday, March 7, 2008

Dreaded Days of Daycare!


Well you guessed it. Today was the first day that Sadie went to daycare. No I'm not back to work yet but I'm taking her once a week until I start so both she and I get used to it. Let me rephrase that, Steve is taking her, I'm just sitting at home crying. Once I got over the initial shock this morning though, I was able to get about 4 hours of sleep. Uninteruptus!! YEAH!
Alot has happened since I last entered an update so I'll catch everyone up. Last Friday, Feb 29th Sadie has her first photo shoot. I'll upload the professional pictures when I can but here are a couple of our own. These are a couple of the outfits we had the pictures done in. We even got some naked baby pictures that turned out really cute. I'm holding her at the actual photo shoot.





























Sunday was one of my best friend's daughters 1st birthday. Miss Rylie Jane had her birthday party at the park. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. Happy Birthday Ry! Here is a picture of her in her pink tutu. She was adorable. She is walking now but is still at the drunken sailor stage. What makes it even funnier is the ground was uneven so she even more problems staying upright. A couple of times she just gave up and crawled to her destination, tutu and all. Katie, Rylie's mom is holding her in this picture. Gotta love that smile!


Poor Sadie woke up Sunday night with a really stuffy nose. So Monday and Tuesday was spent pretty much holding her and trying to keep her nose clear. She just wanted to snuggle. She didn't feel really well. So Wednesday I took Sadie to the doctor. She has had a bad stuffy nose all week and a small, pathetic cough. The doctor said there was no wheezy and just to keep doing what we are doing as well as saline drops in her nose to help loosen up all the lovely mucus. He also suggested switching to a forumla that is for sensitive stomaches. He said that may help with her colic. So off to Target we went. We got new formula, nasal drops and a colic remedy of Gripe water. (Awesome stuff). We also bit the bullet and got her a crib mattress, a Baby Einstein's mucsical motion bouncer and a bumbo seat. Thanks to all of you who graciously gave us gift cards. They were well used.

So yesterday I decided to first find the crib and then make it. Sadie helped of course sitting in her bouncing seat (which she loves and practically lives in). We got to the bottom of the crib and away we went. It turned out really cute. And Sadie loves to watch the Disney mobile. She even slept a little in the crib while I cleaned up.

















After all the work in Sadie's room I woke up this morning with such severe muscle aches I could hardly breathe. It has happened once before since I've had Sadie. There are certain muscles I don't think have been used to their capability and every once and a while they let me know I'm still there. Especially after I work them too hard.
Speaking of back aches my Uncle Jerry Goree is having a lot of problems with his back right now and I want him to know I'm thinking and praying for his quick recovery.
Well I think that brings us up to date. Yesterday Steve got his order for the cabinets in the kitchen so the construction will resume this weekend while I tend to the little one and hopefully finish all my thank you notes. For those who haven't gotten one yet, never fear, I'll have them out post haste!
Take care of eachother!

0 comments: