Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Many Discoveries of Sadie

So where do I begin? Well as you can see from above...Sadie has a dimple. We've discovered that since she has been smiling alot lately. She has the most adorable smile. She is recognizing people and/or voices and you can actually get her to smile at you.

As you can see from above she is also facinated with tongues at the moment. She has been playing with her tongue but these past couple of weeks she has become fascinated by other people's tongues as well. She is almost starting to mimick sticking your tongue out but we are still working on that one. Also from the above picture she is fascinated with Steve's nose and Steve in general. We actually got a picture of her trying to suck on Steve's nose.

She is also making bubbles with her saliva. She is also trying to stand up now. We will hold her steady but she will actually stand for a little while. When we get back from Etna Steve is going to put together her bouncing seat so she can get her legs in shape. We measured her this week and she is already 24". Needless to say she is getting to long from some of her clothes and we've had to go up to the next size.

She also is trying to hold her own bottle now. She has done it a couple of times but we don't think we really knew she was doing it on her own. She can take her pacifier out of her mouth now but she hasn't figured out how to get it back in. She'll hold it for a few seconds and then drops it.

She is also losing her hair. She has bald spots now. Luckily the hair she does have is long so we can do a Trump comb-over and it looks better. Her baby acne is a lot better as well. It is still there to some degree but nothing like before. Every once and a while she will break out. We switched formulas to Sensitive Similac and it seems to have done the trick. It helped clear up her skin and it has helped immensely with her colic. We are down to just giving her gripe water once a day now instead of after each feeding.

She is loving her bath times now, but Heaven forbid the water start to cool off cuz then you are in for the screaming banshee as we've affectionately come to call her.

Well we are getting ready to hit the road. We are driving to Dunigan tonight and then on up to Etna in the morning. That way we can make it to Papa's in time to color Easter Eggs with Spencer, Kyson, & Jace. I'm so anxious to see them. It's been too long since I've seen them. Life tends to get in the way for everyone. I hope we'll be able to see more of eachother especially now with Sadie. I want to make sure she knows her cousins and gets to see them so when they grow up they are friends instead of just family.

Happy Easter to Everyone! I for one am so thankful for this Holiday. It reminds me that if I screw up there is always a way back to our Heavenly Father. I may never truly know how Jesus atoned for my sins but I will always be eternally grateful. I am also so grateful for my knowledge that I will see my family in the next life. With having Sadie, it has really put things into perspective. I really miss Gram and it is comforting to know that I will see her again one day. That knowledge has gotten me through some sad and terrible times.

2 comments:

Papa Randy said...

Beautiful little angel. Very precious.

Mandi said...

she is such a beautiful baby!