Monday, March 5, 2012

Fine Motor Skills Color Art

What to do when Mommy can't do anything?  We make art!  I gathered up a few supplies and printed off a few things on cardstock for Sadie to paint.  I am really working with her on fine motor skills and I thought trying to paint in the lines with a q-tip would work.

Our color wheel.  Now we also worked on mixing colors, cuz lets face it the colors are going to get mixed while Miss Sadie paints so let's turn that into a learning experience.

I printed out several things with a bubble type font so she could fill in the letters.  I made one with her name, I love Grandma and Grandpa and I love Daddy.



I was actually surprised this project went over with Miss Sadie.  Ususally she is a fast paced worker and doesn't color much as it's to borin' she says.  But she concentrated and worked on these for at least an hour.  And let me just say for the record this was the first time I've gotten her to do anything for a whole hour. 

She was especially proud of her Daddy painting.  She even gave it to him and asked him to put it in his office at work.

0 comments: