Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"L" is for Leaf

So last week we had to cancel our very first storytime due to illness by most of our little group. So this week we met at Riverwalk Park and read "The Very Hungry Catepillar" and portions of "Leaves, Leaves, Leaves".

After storytime we walked around and looked at the various shapes that the leaves have and collected a few. I think the kids really enjoyed this part. I had bright orange yarn and everyone held onto it while we walked. The kids REALLY enjoyed playing following the leader.

Once we had gathered our leaves we went back to our table and made leaf rubs. The kids had fun making all kinds of colorful leaves.

I wore my big sun hat so the kids would know where I'm at but Sadie decided it looked better on her.

Jude, Nina, Atley & Sadie
Throwing rocks into the pond.
Here is Sadie's leaf rub.

0 comments: