Monday, August 13, 2007

Oh Baby Baby Baby

Well it's been a while since I last blogged. And a lot has happened. I'm pregnant and everything was going great until Saturday night. Thursday was my prenatal check up and we got to hear the babies heart beat. It was really exciting. Well Saturday I did too much around the house. Sure as soon as I get over never having any energy I over do it and end up in the hospital. Well you know what they say about luck...if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all.

Well Steve and I went to Bakersfield Memorial due to bleeding and clotting. (both not good) We were there a total of EIGHT stinking hours. It was ridiculos. I will spare the gorey and gruesome details, but all ended up well. We actually got to see the baby and man is it a mover and shaker. The poor ultrasound lady could barely keep up enough to get measurements. The baby or Mississippi as we fondly refer to it, was clapping it's hand and have a good ole time while mommie was laying on a hard and extremely uncomfortable emergency room bed. And so it begins the sacrifice a mother makes for the comfort of her child. By the time we were through with the ER it was 2:40 am and Mommie was hungry. So we stopped and got Taco Bell (thank goodness for 24 hr service) and went home to sleep.

Today (Monday) I stayed home from work but worked from home. It was nice and relaxing but tomorrow is another day at the grind stone. I will try and update my blogg more now that there are actually exciting things going on in my life. Ordinarily I am a very boring person. (YA RIGHT!!!)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Glad to hear everything is okay. What a scare!

We're thinking of you and teeny weeny Mississippi!

Melodie said...

Mississippi will just have to get use to the over doing of things. Mississippi's grandma canned 50 quarts of tomatoes the day before Steve was born.