Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Monogram Art

So I've been wanting to make a door decoration for fall and I came across a bunch of Monogram art on pintrest.  So I thought well I have everything to make a yarn monogram right now.
 
So I gathered some supplies that I had lying around.  An soda flat, glue and yarn.  You could use any color you had but I've been loving all the ombre stuff right now so I selected fall colors.

I traced the letter E on the card board and took my box cutter and cut out the letter.

Then I added some glue (use could use hot glue but I thought it would burn too much with all the wrapping I was going to do so I used regular elmer's glue.) to the end and started wrapping.

It was a bit more time consuming than I had planned and I had to deal with some tricky angles and corners but in the end it turned out just like I wanted.
 
Using hot glue I embellished the corner with pinecones and added ribbon to use as a hanger. I love it!  And the best part was I did it with stuff I had lying around and I didn't have to go buy anything.

0 comments: